News : Ke$ha : KESHA DANCES TO HER OWN BEAT

Saturday 6 August 2011
Don’t call Ke$ha a pop princess.
The singer, known for her radio hits Tik Tok, Blow, We R Who We R, Take It Off and Your Love Is My Drug, shuns labels and branding, preferring to do things on her own terms.
If her rebellious nature and strong-willed attitude is any mark of her success, it’s worked for the singer, who was once so broke she lived in a car. (Some time later, with fame nowhere in sight, she snuck into Prince’s L.A. mansion to leave him a demo.)
It was Miami rapper Flo Rida who took notice of the singer, using her as a guest vocal spot on his hit Right Round. We chatted with the 24-year-old Nashville resident, who is performing at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Bayfront Park, Klipsch Amphitheater, in Miami.
Do you like touring?
I love it. I seriously feel like I’m living and dying when I’m on stage. In the beginning, I come alive. By the end of the concert, I have given the crowd everything inside of me.
You must be tired after all that singing and dancing.
I usually don’t get to sleep. [The crew and I] are kind of like vampires, we don’t sleep until the sun comes up.
What has been your favorite moment on tour so far?
It was in Hungary. My mother, who is part Hungarian, was there. I was playing in the town square in front of 300,000 people, and looked out at the horizon and was brought to tears. There were so many people in the crowd who were singing along. It was really beautiful.
You have a very unique fashion style. What’s your inspiration?
Honestly, I have no idea what you call it. I kind of feel like a sexy hobo, like a really attractive homeless person. I’ll find crazy s--- at Goodwill, rip it up, then tie it back together. I don’t like brands.
Secondhand or not – you wear it well.
Confidence is the key! When I wore a trash bag to the [2010 MTV] VMAs, I had confidence.
On your website, you have an option for fans to pick out what kind of animal they are. What kind of animal are you?
I’m a Narwhal, a unicorn of the sea. It’s a mystical, magical creature with a big, long horn.
But what does it mean?
I’m an animal lover and advocate. I relate to animals. They operate off of their instincts instead of being told how they’re supposed to act. We should all act like animals.
It’s kind of rebellious.
I’m trying to bring a message to the youth, to be yourself. I’ve had fans approach me crying, telling me how much my music helped them.


Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/06/2346919/keha-dances-to-her-own-beat.html#ixzz1UFoL3Tku

0 comments:

Post a Comment